26.8.08

What's uP?

It's my 18th day in UAE.
So far i've been relaxing and enjoying the sand for the most part of the day.
Basically, i woke up at 5am to pray fajr, and then will come online on gulfnews to check for appoinments and send resumes.
Will be online till around 8am, pray, and then will take a nap till 11am.
Then i will see what ill do for the day.
Usually will help with the dishes, and cleaning the house, the kids and a nice chat with my friend.

I went to an interview on Saturday.
It was with Samsung C&T, and if i managed to get the job, i will be one of the team in building the tallest building in the world - Burj Dubai.

I am positive that it was a good interview, but they are negotiating my salary demand. :)
Another interview was on Sunday. I went alone, to Deira.

Waited for a cab for about 10 minutes under the blazing 1.30pm sun, when finally one cab stopped. Confidently said "Al Mahtoob Road, Deira?".
The cab driver was looking at me like i am an alien, and slowly nod his head.

Sigh... The cab fare was suprisingly low, only DHs14.50. One of my friend said it might be DHs50. Well.. there is not much traffic and i was suprised as Deira is not as far as what my friend told me. Anyhow, i was super early (the interview was supposed at 3pm, i arrived at 2), made it to the right building, done the interview and try to find my way home. Well.. it was a long wait for a cab tho :)

The way home cost me Dhs24. That was because of the traffic, and ahem... i kinda didnt remember my way home. Hehehe... So i asked the cab driver (who is a Pakistani, 3months old in UAE and started to drive the cab 5days back-just my luck) to just drop me at Al TaaWun Mall, and i walked home.

so what else?
Mom and ziqi is in Medan. Hope they enjoy their vacation.
Wish i can tag along.. ehehehe

I have a long day ahead of me, being alone at home and planning to cook dinner.
I guess, if i didnt receive any call for interview today, i will go to the mall and jjcp.

May be i can lepak at the Starbucks for a while... will see...

Till next entry!

No comments: