1.9.08

1st of Ramadan

Its 1 September 2008, 1 Ramadan.

Alhamdulillah.. the happy month is here, at last.
Say Alhamdulillah...thank you Allah!

Went for an interview yesterday. 31st August. Was a very long, frustrating day.

The interview was supposed to be at 1.10pm. I went out the house at 12noon.
The interview place is supposed to be like 15minutes away from home. We've been there before.
Waited for a cab for about 10 minutes.
An indian guy. I said Deira's Al-Kabalaya. He nod.
I jump in. And woooo... he brought me to Sharjah's Al-Kabeeya!

MasyaAllah.. and its 12.45pm.. and the traffic was slow!
I told him he got me to wrong place. He looked worried (he didnt know much english. I didnt know any hindi, my arabis is bad). I asked him if he can send me to Deira.

He said can..but he was worried with the cab fare.
Nice of him, but i feel like giving him a slap.
He even asked if i wanna take a bus. It will only cost me Dh5.
Well... I am late. I dunno how to get down from the bus at the correct location.
The heck?
So i told him to just drive. I will pay him, even if its Dh100.

He pitied me, i guess. He drove rounds, short cut, he said.
I called the interviewer office and told them ill be a bit late.
The traffic to Dubai was soooo bad.
Dizzy for all those rounds, worried about my interview.

We made it at last. 1.15pm. Not that bad. Dh41.75. I gave him Dh50, and took out some coins.
He said. "U new here, i give discount". He gave me back DH10. Im so happy lah!

So.. interviewed.
It was with an admin firm. Sorta recruitment agency.

Anyhow.. went out of the building at 2pm.. and guess what...
Tried to hail a cab in the blazing sun for 1 and half hours, to no avail.
I almost cried with frustration.
At 3.30, called my friend. Ask - if there any chance ull be coming home soon?
He said yes. Where are u.
Im still at Al Kabayan.
He said.. ok, wait, ill get u. But i need about 30 minutes.
Ok.
So i went in the Al-Kabayan building and browse along.
It took him 1 and half hours to get me.
Heavy traffic and he was frustrated.
We stopped to buy some dinner and went home.
Both of us tired. Frustrated. Hungry. Both only have light breakfast that day.

Last nite went to the 1st tarawikh.
Was ok, minus the small women's section and a lot of jamaah.
And the crying of the babies. Goodness...

The masjed i went for Tarawikh

Anyhow.. hope this year's Ramadan will be better then last year, insyaAllah. It was a bad long day, but i was happy when i arrived home. I missed the kids :)

Its now 12.14pm.. time for zuhur.

Till next entry!

Ramadan Kareem everyone!!

No comments: