31.7.06

Uniquely Singapore - Part 1

I think I lived in a world whereby all men I passed by was such a gentleman in their manners toward women. In Singapore, I found myself dumbstruck with a hit and run culture shock!

No offense, but hell.. I never seen a man sigh loudly while waiting for his turn to us the wending machine. Yeah, those women standing in front of him shouldn’t took too much time deciding what to choose and not talking while choosing, but hey… loud sigh necessary?

Second time, it actually happened to yours truly.
A man using the wending machine again (its so popular here!), and as the wending machine located near the door, he used his body to hold the door while he waited for his coke. And I want to pass by. And I said, excuse me.., again, a very loud sigh. Funny huh?

The best thing happened yesterday. At the airport with the cab driver who seems to hate his job so much I wonder he why he didn’t just sell his cab and go fly kite.

The airport doorman showed me to his cab, and my two colleagues and me went to him, with our luggage on tow. I arrived to him first, and showed him my luggage, he, cutely, just sneer at me and pretended that he didn’t even see me, as big as I am. I didn’t say a word and when my colleagues arrived with bigger luggage, he, with this sour face, unceremoniously sort of thrown the luggage to the trunk. And when he turn to leave to his door, I said, ‘there’s another one’. By God.. I feel like I’m asking for a million dollars from him! And as you guys can guess, of course, he didn’t bother to get out of his cab to help to take the luggage out of the trunk when we arrived at out hotel. Sigh…

Singapore… uniquely Singapore… what else can I say? :P

No comments: