25.8.06

My fav two

Its Friday, and i am going back to KL again tonight, insyaAllah.

Its a lovely day, and i made a complete 'fool' of myself in front of my friends at lunch today.
Dunno what exactly happened.

Anyway, im thinking of bunny, and i think of things - the start and end- of things.
And i thought about my favourite two, Calvin and Hobbes.

Fortunately, i have the first strip and the last one from Bill Watterson.

Let see....

This is the first one. Published on 18 November 1985 in the 'Daily'.

Its the start of a lovely friendship. The day when Calvin found Hobbes.
And this is the last strip done. It has been published in the Washington Post on 31 December 1995, and now, its can be found in It's A Magical World.

The one that i love so much, will be the famous "Christmas Eve". I cut the strip off the newspaper and i have it with me until now.

On window panes, the icy frost

Leaves feathered patterns, crissed & crossed,

But in our house

the christmas tree

Is decorated festively

With tiny dots of colored light

That cozy up this winter night.

Christmas songs, familiar, slow,

Play softly on the radio.

Pops and isses from the fire

Whistle with the bells and choir.

My tiger is now fast asleep

On his back and dreaming deep.

When the fire makes him hot,

He turns to warm whatever's not.

Propped against him on the rug,

I give my friend a gentle hug.

Tomorrow's what I'm waiting for,

But I can wait a little more.

No comments: